International Diabetes Federation: The consequences of a disaster, and the resulting response required to support people with pre-existing diabetes and to prevent the development of type 2 diabetes among the rest of the population, are a function of several factors such as:
- Type, size and nature of the affected area.
- Duration of the disaster.
- People’s experience with such disasters.
- Local infrastructure and socioeconomic situation.
- Preparedness plans.
- Size of humanitarian support provided locally, regionally and globally.